Bkgrnd

Monday, April 7, 2008

Frozen Corn, Anyone?

A little bit ago Lily jumped off our oversized couch and landed on her bum* while I was in the other room. She was crying really hard and holding her bottom, so I took a look. Sure enough, she had a scrape and a bruise across both cheeks. I have no idea what happened exactly, nor how one goes about scraping and bruising a bum from landing on carpet. At any rate, to make her feel better, I told her we could put something cold on it. I happened to have at my disposal the small remains of a bag of frozen corn. We put it in a baggie and I let her lay down and watch a movie while the frozen corn anesthetized her bruised bum. That in itself is pretty funny, but about ten minutes later I came out of the office to find this:

My bruised-bum girl snacking away at her bag of frozen corn. Then I really laughed :).

*daddy got her started saying "bum" and it stuck...as does everything these days.

2 comments:

us said...

Lily looks so cute in this picture and that is great -eating the frozen corn-what a girl!

christianson5 said...

This is such a funny story!! too cute!