Bkgrnd

Sunday, May 4, 2008

What to Blog?

I still check in most days to see if anyone has commented (they haven't!). I took note of the date of our latest post oh, a couple weeks ago and was convicted to blog something. But what? I read some incredibly amazing blogs that don't blog about anything in particular, but have a lot to say - and often! Although I find them interesting, I don't know that everyone would. I tend to feel like I need something to blog about. Here are some things we've been doing that I could blog about:





*Shandy's so close to being done with the trim around windows and doors! Yay! It looks amazing!





*The snow is really gone. For the third time. The ice is off a few small lakes, and hopefully it will be off the rest before next weekend - the widely-celebrated fishing opener.





*Lily got a new bike!





*I'm quite pregnant with just 7 weeks to go! Sometimes that seems like it'll be here very soon, and others it seems like it's still ages away. The good news is that the next few weeks are very busy with finishing up school, so they will fly by! Oh, and still no name to report :)





*I have put in for a one-year leave of absence from my job. We're taking a leap of faith financially to allow me to stay at home with the babies, since they just won't be babies very long! I'll fill in here and there with a few teaching-related jobs, but will be making an effort to stay home much more. It will be a new adventure!





*Lily is, for all intents and purposes, mostly potty-trained. She has a few "accidents" a week, but we have not gone back to diapers at all. We're working through the two-year-old control issues as related to potty training, but overall, she's doing great :). Yay!





Okay, so now I have some ideas for what I can post pictures on. I'll try not to wait another month before I post something. And hey, leave a comment or something. It might just motivate me!





Here's a parting picture, since blog posts with pictures are just way better than without:


Sleep is good - very good. Note the dirt smudged on her cheek (our yard is 100% mud/dirt at this point) and the ever-present corner "rim-rimming" her lip. She gets mad at daddy when he pretends to "rim-rim" with her corner. We're really hoping she lets go of the blankie before she gets married or something. Oh my.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute picture, and hey there is nothing wrong with having a blankie:) Even if it is until she gets married, thats ok!

e&e said...

Blog, Cody, Blog! I will try to comment more if that's what motivates you. Mostly the children and I love to check Lily photos. We can't tell you how many times we've watched the video of Lily reading the Sheep in a Jeep book.

And hey, if you can't think about anything to blog about, you can always just post pregnant-Cody photos!
elisa

Anonymous said...

Married with blanket is no problem. My sister (married 4 years) still has hers -- blanket on one side, husband on the other -- seems to work just fine!

I'm super excited about your chance as a stay-at-home mom. That's all I ever wanted to be when I grew up. "Architect" was always second place (though it is a bonus that I get to do some of that, too!) You may have days you regret it, but you will have years that you will be so glad you had that time! (Here I am talking like an old lady who's been through all that before. Ha! But, hey, I've got a few months on you as far as motherhood goes!) I'm excited for you and hope all four of you enjoy the year.

Craig said...

Well Cody. You gave me so much crap about not blogging and when I finally started and you haven't commented on mine at all. Good to get the update on you guys though.

Mike and Katie said...

I'm shocked that your almost ready to have that new baby! It seems like just yesterday you announced that you were expecting.

Time has really flown by too fast this year. I'm been in foggy baby bliss.

I know what you mean about enjoying other people's blogs. Sometimes I spend more time reading blogs then spending time on my own. And the snow really dampened my picture insprirations.

Katie (I had to change my profile name since I share it with my boys)