Bkgrnd

Monday, June 23, 2008

The Big Sister Story


Lily was so excited to come see Mason for the first time. She kept saying, "Baby...my baby!". And yes, she did call him Sharkbait a few times :). She was very concerned whenever he started to cry and kept a close eye on the doctor and nurses whenever they checked on the baby.

There's just something about seeing your "baby" meet the new baby for the first time. It's one of those amazingly precious moments in life :).

One of the highlights of our hospital stay for Lily was the whirlpool tub in the bathroom! Every time she visited us she had to check out the "swimming pool". So on Tuesday night she got to go swimming! She soaked for quite awhile while we tried to keep the nurses from hearing her shrieks and splashes. I must say, it was a nice tub!
And here are my two monkeys now. I still have to look twice when I see that there are now TWO instead of one. Love it!



PS: This post made possible by Grandma G who has Lily this morning :)

2 comments:

e&e said...

Three cheers for siblings! What great stories and photos. And hey three more cheers for loving and caring Grandmas!

elisa(who is still several chores away from coming up this week :( )

Mike and Katie said...

It amazing how big Lily looks. I remember being so shocked by how tall Tyler looked when I brought Tony home. He was wearing an outfit that was too small besides so that added to the impact. It was like he grew two inches while I was in the hospital.