Bkgrnd

Friday, August 1, 2008

Name That Animal

It's a fisher!

Several weeks ago Shandy brought home a live trap, hoping to capture whatever creatures were demolishing our garbage cans day after day after day. The first night he caught the cat. The second night he caught this:



You may have to click on it to see it larger. Any guesses on its identity? It's a pretty rare animal and is not known for its congeniality... in fact, it's best to stand far away when releasing it from a live trap :).

3 comments:

Mike and Katie said...

I won't guess because I got the story from Elisa.

Does this mean you'll share the rest off the live trap stories, too?

We bought a live trap to catch the rabbits living under our shed but we've had no luck. It could be operator error.

Katie

A day in the Life... said...

I would guess a skunk maybe?

e&e said...

Of course I know, so I won't spill it, but wanted to add that my parents finally did catch the skunk at the cabin, in a live trap.

So have your garbages been safe since?
elisa