Here's what I love: fall, crisp/cool air, temperatures above freezing, my daughter playing outside on a beautiful fall day, my daughter's imagination, and putting text and arrows on pictures. I love these things.
Here's what I've noticed: I can spend a whole lot of $$ on toys to allow my child's imagination to flourish....or I can set her free outside and she enjoys amazing, imaginitive play, for free.
Here's what I've got to share: Lily's world. Or, at least, the world as it was the other day. For what's fun one minute changes - or evolves - in the next. Take a look!


I know, I totally want to live in Lily's world, too! It's so fun to be almost-three again! Oh, and I caught her doing this.... (what is that blankie doing outside, anyway?)
BUSTED!

3 comments:
Ooohhhh...to make mud pies again and dig for gold in the sandbox, or play in the trees at home and make one branch your bed and another branch your sister's bed and another branch the kitchen......waayyy too much fun!!!!
Wonderful post! I mean really, can you believe you get to live there? Can Lily? I suppose she can.
This reminds me of how we used to play when we were little. We were outside so much. We played with God-made stuff and let our imaginations fly. We had a whole tree that had low branches that we "imagined" into a house with many rooms. And now I get to live here where Mari has pinecone "babies" and Joshy has a "house" made out of a stump.
I hope to see more glimpses into Lily's world! (and Mason's too)
elisa
What does she call that with the blanket? Shrimming?
I agree! It's so wonderful to go outside on warm afternoons and just let Amanda be free! And there's no mess to clean up because who notices leaves, sticks, acorns and rocks out of place?
Post a Comment