We stopped by the bank this afternoon. I had some business to take care of...the kind that could be done at the drive-through window, thank goodness. I usually avoid the drive-up slot next to the window. I think I'm just embarrassed about my messy car and I know those nice ladies can see right in. I don't know. Anyway, today I decided that since there were no other cars at the drive-through, I'd go ahead and take the spot next to the window. Maybe they'd notice Lily and give her a sucker or something (she's been conditioned to expect this, by the way).
As I rolled down my window and smiled, I sensed a wierd look from the teller right away. I just kept right on smiling and gave her my deposit, thinking to myself, "Why don't I just wash my car for Pete's sake? Or clean it out for goodness sake?" Then I reminded myself that I was probably just being ridiculous. I mean, I'm sure there are dirtier/messier cars than mine out there. Not very many, but there must be some. Anyway, we made it through the transaction, but I couldn't shake that little "I've just been judged for my dirty car" feeling.
Next stop: Target. I hop out after finding an excellent spot, thankyouverymuch, and open Lily's door (directly behind mine). She's sitting there, all buckled in, coat on and zipped..........pants and undies around her ankles. "What are you doing? Why are your pants and undies down? Were they like that at the bank?" Lily: "[giggle] Yep, they were! Isn't that silly, mommy? I'm a silly girl!".
A hundred bucks says the teller didn't even notice my messy car.........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
OH MY! :) LOL I don't know what to say :) I can't stop laughing :) This is something that she's going to look back on and be mortified. It would have been nice if the teller asked if Lily needed any help or something. :) LOL
hilarious!
Oh, Lily! Atleast she was still buckled up nice and safe!
HAHAHA! See? God knew you would be worried about your messy car and provided a distraction for the teller. Isn't He good to always take care of us?
This is just so funny. I'm so glad you shared. I thought my grocery experience was bad, but at least Mari took off only pants and left her undies on.
Aren't our girls great?
elisa
Post a Comment