Bkgrnd

Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Sister is SO SMART!

Holy smokes, Kari! You always win everything! You are now the proud owner of a lot of three (3) handmade pony-bead and pipecleaner bracelets! Woot-woot!
Yes, it was an apple...but to be more specific, a half-eaten apple that Lily threw out our deckless door for the birds. We seem to have a squirrel population in the trillions, however, and one sneaky rascal stashed the apple up in a tree. It would have been fun to see him do it!
On a semi-related note - and going about 8 1/2 months back in blog archives, Kari won the guess-when-the-baby-will-be-born contest as well. Some of you thought that she knew something you didn't. That's somewhat true, and sort of interesting:
What Kari knew was that one week before Mason was born, I was up for about 2 hours with significant, but going-nowhere contractions. When I told her about it the next day, she informed me that she had the same experience with her firstborn. Only she actually went to the hospital because she didn't know what to make of them (it was her firstborn). When she returned to work the next day, someone told her that she would have the baby in a week. I guess there's a name for it - or maybe it's just an old wives tale - but it was totally true for her. Karly was born exactly one week later. So that's what she based her guess on...and it rang true for Mason, too! Only about 3 hours past one week exactly, I went into real labor with Mason. Isn't that wild?
Kari: I will personally deliver your fantastic prize package soon. Oh, and I still owe you a DQ :).

No comments: