Bkgrnd

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bye!

Mason's not one for telephone conversations. Until last night. Lily called Grandma G to tell her that we stole/borrowed her broiler pan while she was in AZ. Mason was standing next to her stretching out his arms, waving his fat little fingers, and pleading, "Bye! Bye! nnnnnBye!" Apparently, the boy wanted to talk. The first time he had the telephone to his ear, he just stared into the distance. So I took it back and started talking. Which made him shriek "Bye!" and wave his fingers again. So I gave it back. This time:

GG: Hi Mason! How are you?

M: [silence]

GG: What are you doing?

M: [silence]

M: Ball.

GG: Oh, you got a new ball?

M: Ball.

GG: Do you play with your ball?

M: No.

GG: You don't?

M: No.

GG: Well, I'll have to come see you and your new ball.

M: Why?

GG: Because I love you!

M: [pause] Ew.

M: Bye!

And that, friends, was Mason's first telephone conversation. :)

1 comment:

Leah Lane said...

He is such a big boy now. We love you sweet Mason. Thanks again Cody for being such an awesome friend and support to us right now. We all love you so much!