A couple of months ago, we drove up our snow-covered driveway to be greeted by a vintage light-up plastic snowman planted firmly in our garden. His appearance was a great mystery. Lily fell in love at first sight, but was a little disappointed that he wasn't real.
Two days later, I got a call from my mom. She could hardly contain herself. She wanted to know if we'd had a "visitor". I could hear the excitement trying to be contained in her voice. Well, yes, I responded. "Do you like him?" she asked. "Was I supposed to like him?" I replied. Knowing my un-adoration for lawn ornaments, my own mother admitted to planting the very plastic, very ugly snowman in my yard. She did tell me to pass him along whenever I found someone worthy of such a treasure.
A few days later, in the middle of the afternoon, without saying a word, Lily went downstairs and got ready to go outside. Odd. A few minutes later, I heard thumping and bumping on the front porch. She had hauled Mr. Ugly Snowman from the garden to the front porch because she realized that there was a plug-in coming out the back of him. Unfortunately, something didn't work and he did not light up as he was clearly meant to. I was devastated. But not as devastated as Lily. Someone suggested that perhaps the bumbling trip from the garden to the porch had something to do with it. Likely story.
Mr. U-S has been residing on our porch now for several weeks. But he got blown off yesterday. And his lightbulb fell out in the landing. Sorry Mr. Light-Up Plastic Snowman.
This evening, he was rescued. I heard a knock on the door tonight at about 9:30pm. It was my daughter (she had been out plowing with daddy). On the porch. Again. With the snowman. Again. She was carrying him in (he's about 2 inches shorter than her). Turns out, Mr. Ugly Light-Up Snowman is actually a girl. And she's Lily's sister. And she's spending the night. See for yourself:

5 comments:
Oh that is WAY cute & a much needed laugh!!!
That is so funny! Apparently she doesn't share your genetic dislike for plastic lawn ornaments! Quite the oppposite!
There is a positive side to this - he er... she is no longer on your lawn! Now you don't have to dislike the snowman as a lawn ornament! :)
That is too cute!
We love our Lilly :) I'm glad you were able to catch it with the camera. I hope her sister slept well in the tub!
Post a Comment