Bkgrnd

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Not Glamorous. Very Not.

I had a post planned for this spot. It's about how I haven't written anything since Nora was born because we've all been busy staring at her and loving on her and getting used to being a family of five. And that is true. And I will post about that. I promise. But it'll have to wait until after this here little reality check.

Once upon a time I bought a zip up green sweater from a garage sale. I liked it. I think it cost about 50 cents or so. I wore it the day we brought Nora home. My son threw up on it that night. He does that sometimes when he's upset and coughing. It's lovely.

I immediately washed it. And wore it about 3 times before I realized that the puke left stains on it in some not-so-good places. Well, I washed it and wore it about 5 more times, each time forgetting to treat it with stain stuff before I washed it. And each time forgetting about the stains until I was actually wearing it. Good stinking grief.

Thankfully, I finally remembered to treat it before I washed it last time. So I wore it today. It was nice.

Then my aforementioned son threw up buckets and buckets on it. A.g.a.i.n.

The end.

PS: If I were MckMama or someone similar, I may include a story about how my sweet boy threw up all over and how it was so sweet and smelled like roses. Well, it wasn't. And it didn't. And let's be honest here, I want to take 18 showers and douse my [sweet cherubic] children in Mrs. Meyers Clean Day Spray and Lysol when they throw up. However, when my freshly-bathed, still puke-breathed son said to me, "Is my awright, Mama? Is my awright?" I seriously did have to squeeze him. But not too tight, lest he erupt once again.

3 comments:

e&e said...

Oh, dear, Cody! So not something you want to be dealing with, with a newborn in the house. I couldn't help but smile at the thought of Mason saying, "Is my awright?" That is SO adorable!

A few weeks ago Mari threw up all over herself, a pile of books, the love seat, AND Sophia. Thank goodness children are washable! (the books weren't).
elisa

Team Tuttle said...

I know this sound silly; however, about 10 months ago the thought of someone throwing up on me made me want to throw back up on them! Now-a-days... that's just something that occassionally happens and I'm suprisingly okay with it. There are times I have to call in the reinforcements (daddy HELP!) and he's always suprised that a kid could throw up that much! he he! :)

Leah said...

Goes to show you just never know what a day will bring. Steam cleaner, anyone?