Bkgrnd

Friday, January 21, 2011

What To Do?

It's chilly these days. Outside time is limited to 10-minute increments. PBS Kids is watched more often than usual. Running inside is allowed. Children have been recently been found with bruised heads from going down the stairs in laundry baskets. Fighting is commonplace. Toys are old news.

You'd think being an ex-preschool teacher that I'd be super structured and project-y. But I'm not. But this week, since we were home and inside a lot, I decided to DO something with my kids. I just want to make it clear that I am not normally like this. But I think it would do all of us good if I was more often! Here's one of our projects this week. I only share because maybe your kids are going down the stairs in laundry baskets, too, and you'd like to provide an alternative :).


#1: Salt Dough


2 cups flour
1/2 cup salt
3/4 cup hot water
2 tsp oil

Bake at 200 for a few hours
Paint.
And paint.
And paint.
And paint!

1 comment:

megan said...

Looks like fun!! :)