* Lily, still wants to be a rock star. After watching her dance around last week to some "rock star" song, I've realized she doesn't exactly want to be this:

More like this:
Yikes.*About a month ago, I finally cracked open "Praying the Scriptures for Your Children" that my mother in law gave me when Lily was a baby. I honestly don't know why I didn't sincerely read it then. Maybe it was the rock star thing that led me there :). In all seriousness, two faithful women of God have kindly and directly told me in the last six months that I'd better start seriously dirtying my knees on behalf of my closest mission field: my kids. Thankful for real, kind, direct, faithful women that challenge me to be the mom God's asking me to be.
*Nora says "No" all the time. A recent conversation:
Me: "Nora, you are stinky. Did you go poopy?"
Nora: "No."
Me: "Are you fresh and clean, then?"
Nora: "No."
Me: "So you have no poopy in your diaper?"
Nora: "No."
Me: "So then I shouldn't change you then because you didn't go poopy?"
Nora: "No."
Nora: "Poopy."
I just like to mess with her. And it's funnier in real life because she's so clear and convincing with her facial expressions. Ha.

1 comment:
I have no doubt you will be on your knees praying for this feisty, strong, confident, rock star girl! And in the mean time, I will be praying for you! I love Lily and I just know God has good things in store for her. I am reminded of the verse in 2 Tim. 1:5 where Paul says, "I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and I am persuaded, now lives in you also." Lily possesses that same blessed heritage. Two awesome, God loving grandma's and a Mom who loves God with her whole heart. What a great start! Don't be discouraged. You are doing a great job! Kerry
Post a Comment