I'm not the most devoted mom to matchy-matchy-ness. In fact, in 99.5% of occasions, if you get yourself dressed, you're good to go. There are really only two guiding rules: clothing must be clean and free of holes, and no pajamas to school or church. And yes, their clothing choices are exactly as you would imagine. Silk shirts with athletic pants, folks. It's painful, it really is. It's not that part of me doesn't want to be that mom, but it's not a battle my husband will back me on, and when I really think about it, that "battle" would really be about me looking good, and that's dumb.
So all that is a strange introduction to our very successfully matchy Easter attire...haha! This guy was thrilled when I told him we would be getting him a tie for his aunt's upcoming wedding. He couldn't wait to wear his suit. Can you tell? :)
And the girls? Well, I had made them these matching dresses last fall, and [yay!] they still fit. Throw in some tights and sweaters, and we were suddenly looking like someone actually planned our outfits.
Happy Easter! And PS: Easter isn't actually about matching outfits, though that's what this post is apparently about. It is, however, about Jesus throwing death in the grave and rescuing me from my sin (and you from yours). In case you didn't know that. Hallelujah, what a Savior!

1 comment:
The kids used to have a Christian children's book about Easter and new clothes was seriously one of the traditions or significant things they listed as part of the Easter celebrations. I was like, "Hey, I never knew about that tradition! Our mom totally had us blinded on the one!"
Post a Comment