Bkgrnd

Saturday, October 19, 2013

3!

Happy birthday to you, Nora!  You're three!  And what an exciting year it's been.  You are still a little lovey, and enjoy snuggling.  You ask for kisses and hugs, and offer them from time to time.  You go through many pieces of clothing a day, if we're not careful, since changing clothes is such a fun thing to do!  You are a little busy-body and love to get into things.  I always know that if you're quiet, I need to find you asap.  In the past week you have stirred all the game pieces from all the kid games into a 1000 piece puzzle (creating a game soup of sorts), had a Cheerio-party for one in the gym at church (this involves flinging the contents of an entire box of Cheerios as far as you can), emptied a trial-size bottle of body wash onto a stuffed animal, and emptied the mousse can of all the aerosol (and a little bit of mousse) while doing your hair.  And those were just the highlights!  

Someone asked me yesterday if you were my "feisty" one, and I laughed and said, "No, not really!"  And then I realized that yes, since you have turned three, you have also turned feisty :)  But that's just fine.  We are enjoying you so much, especially since we have seen already how very quickly you have grown up.  I'm trying my best to soak up all the funny little things you say and do.  Yesterday I so wish I would've had a video camera handy as you ran about, flailing wildly, swatting all the "bees" in the house.  I think you got three, so thank you very much!  

Happy birthday, sweet girl.  I am so very thankful for every minute we've had to spend with you and am so looking forward to spending many, many more with you.  You teach me just as much as I teach you...maybe more.  


God bless you, Nora Grace!

No comments: