Bkgrnd

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Lily-Girl is 8!

Sweet girl, you're 8 already!  And I'm so thankful for another year of watching you grow into the girl God has made you to be.


I love that you dance to your own beat.  I love that when your first-grade teacher showed everyone how to make a torn-paper snowman and they all made ones about the size of the paper they tore from, yours was 6 feet tall.  I love how when I did the seahorse art lesson in your class, everyone else's seahorse faced right and yours faced left.  And this year, when everyone else's sunflower fields were painted on a landscape-oriented paper, yours was vertical.

 Though sometimes I look at you and wonder where my baby has gone, I've been a little surprised at how wonderful it is to talk about important things with you.  It is such an honor to be by your side as you understand new truth and come to your own conclusions.  I hope you keep coming to me and asking good questions.  I'm so blessed to do life with you, my dear.

As your ninth year begins, I pray that you understand how wide, deep, and long the Father's love is for you.  And that in turn, you love and trust him even more.  I pray that you keep growing healthy and strong and learning all that there is to learn when you're eight.  And I pray that God would give me the wisdom & patience I need to be a good mama to you.  We only get one go at this ninth year, so let's make it the best yet.

Love, your biggest cheerleader :)


No comments: