As I sit here scanning pinterest for birthday party ideas for your big brother, your continual kicking has reminded me that I haven't written a single blog letter about you! Well, let's put that one in the books, okay?
Last December, just after Christmas, your aforementioned brother {once again} commented that I was probably having a baby because my belly was growing. I recorded that funny conversation here, to share the chuckle with anyone who was interested :). I assured him that I had simply eaten too many Christmas cookies, but after his determined insistence that I was having a baby, it occurred to me to take a look at a calendar. Sure enough, I saw that a baby was indeed a possibility. And then we found out that that possibility was a reality!
Daddy and I were both very surprised! But also excited that God was adding one more incredibly unique person to our family. And your brother and sisters were absolutely thrilled! They cannot wait to meet you in just a few months. And it's been a sweet joy to watch each one of them as they felt you kick for the first time. Each time, their eyes lit up with amazement when they truly felt little you growing inside my tummy.
I got to see your little heart beating in January. So amazing, little peanut. Then, in April, we all went together to see how fearfully and wonderfully God is creating you. And then, in May, I got to see you once more. You were busy smacking your lips and swallowing and kicking around. We even got to record part of the ultrasound! We will certainly treasure that little sneak peek at you.
You may be our last little one, but I want you to know that you are so very treasured, even today. You may be the caboose, but you're big news around here. And though you may have been a surprise to us, you have never been a surprise to God, and we are so honored, humbled, and excited to welcome you into our wild and crazy family. I love you so, little one. Kick on :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment