Dear Mason J,
I can't believe you're six, though I know you've been waiting for this day since last year :). I'm so thankful for the days, months, and years God has blessed us with you. You bring a whole bunch of boy into our family, and I love it.
You have become quite the outdoorsman, and you and daddy are definitely a hunting, fishing, and trapping team. You love to learn about animals and their habits (to better trap them). You enjoy fishing (very much so when you catch a bigger one than daddy). And you've got big plans for hunting as you get older, but for now, your bb gun is the next best thing. You chop down trees with your hatchet (be still my heart). You would really like a jack-knife for your birthday (the jury is still out on that one, bud).
This year, you've discovered Legos, and oh my do you love them. Some kids get a Lego set, put it together, and display it in their room to preserve all their hard work. You get a Lego set, put it together, and immediately tear it apart and build something new. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Truth be told, we didn't get you small Legos for awhile because I was mad at Lego for only selling sets that could only make one thing (a large money-making scheme, you know). Apparently I was way off! Your imagination and building finesse amaze me.
You love math. Like, love. A few days ago you asked daddy about a googolplex. But quadrillion is still your favorite.
You don't like cleaning your room. Or changing your underwear. Or taking baths. Or getting your nails clipped. But it seems that is commonplace among your gender, so I'm not too worried. Daddy grew out of it, so I'm hoping you do too :).
Finally, God is your superhero. You love the fact that He is all-powerful. Nothing can beat Him. Nothing can stop Him. He is the be-all, end-all for you and I love that. We have theological conversations that are mind-bending at times, but what fantastic things to talk about!
We love you, buddy, and the person God is making you into. Keep learning, wondering, investigating, and digging. You are so very special to us, and even more to the One who made you and rescued you.
Love,
Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Cody, this is MiKayla (Orhn) Gamble. I LOVE YOUR BLOG! I have not been able to keep up on it for a few months but read what I missed today. Probably sounds stockerish... no worries, I'm 3 hours away :) I'm not close to being a mom at this point in my journey, but your words give me hope for the future. And laughs. Many laughs :) Keep blogging! And congrats on your baby news! WOO!
Post a Comment