Bkgrnd

Thursday, January 29, 2015

School @ Home

After months of praying, contemplating, thinking, talking, researching, telling God why I couldn't possibly do it, and praying and talking some more, we decided to bring Lily home for school at the end of second quarter.  We're nearly two weeks into it now, and though we are still in a "honeymoon", I'm sure, things are going better than I expected.  The biggest obstacle to getting to this point was myself.  It was hard to think about giving up "my" time (ha!) and really taking on an additional part-time job (probably a thankless one).  I hardly dared to hope for a happy experience, but as we neared our start date, I realized that if we took the leap of faith, the path that God was directing us toward, we would experience blessings.  I had forgotten about God's goodness and mercy, all the while thinking about all the difficult lessons that are sure to lay ahead on this journey.  We are now 9 school days into things, and I have seen glimmers of blessings to come.  And my heart is full of hope for my girl.

 Learning in pj's :).



Lily-girl, today I hope that through this experience, and with God's help...

...you discover who you are and who God made you to be.
...you discover what you like, independent of what anyone else likes or doesn't like.
...you learn to laugh at yourself.
...you discover what you are good at, and begin to see how God might use those gifts.
...you are able to see those things that you aren't so good at as areas to grow, and recognize God's help as you do.
...that our relationship with you grows closer, your trust in us grows bigger, and your trust in our love for you is solid.
...that your foundation in God's word and who He is grows firm.

...oh, and reading, writing, and 'rithmetic ;).

It has seriously been a joy these last couple weeks spending time with my bright, beautiful, head-strong, independent, smart, helpful girl.  I'm so very thankful to even have this opportunity.  

 Who wouldn't want to learn with this handsome
guy cheering you on??  He's also getting very
spoiled since big sister comes to his aid at every
whimper :).

No comments: