Bkgrnd

Friday, May 12, 2017

Fine.

Mason has always been concerned about who his life-mate will be.  When he was around 3, he asked me very seriously one evening how he would know who he was supposed to marry and how in the world he would find her.  

It's normal for us to have occasional conversations about this girl.  A few months back we were in the car driving and he was telling me how he'd like to have a big truck some day.  One with "45's".  I asked what 45's are and he replied, "You know, like that song: Rollin' on 45's, pretty girl by my side..."  Oh, I replied, "I think you have that song wrong.  I think it goes, 'Rollin' on 45's, my mama by my side..."  
"Ugh, Mom, no", he says, "that's not how it goes."  And we bantered back and forth a bit about how he could get a cool truck and we could cruise around together.  I think he agreed to take me for ONE ride,  but I can't sit next to  him.  Womp, womp.

Mason has many things in common with his daddy, but one of them is that he uses "old man-isms" in context.  I remember that about Shandy from maybe middle school on...and I remember loving that about him then!  It's so heartwarming and hilarious to me that Mason seems to have the same wit.  Not too long ago, I was telling Mason that he should really consider marrying someone a lot like me...you know, good cook, funny, etc.  He agreed and said that he probably would.  "Because you're one fine specimen of a woman."  I almost choked and snorted in laughter.  Then he got embarrassed and told me I couldn't tell anyone he said that.  So I'm not.  This is my journal.  Just between us.

No comments: