Nora was very proud this afternoon when she got home from school. She learned all about the planets today and proved her learning by reciting the names of all 8 in random order. "Oh! And GUESS WHAT?!" she asked, "A boy in my class said Uranus ("Urine-us") instead of Uranus ("Ur-ay-nus") today! Can you believe he said URINE?? That's SO GROSS!" Shandy and I agreed through stifled laughter that we could not actually believe that. Therein followed several minutes discussion about who would even want to say urine, the fact that one could pronounce Uranus either way (tomato, tomahto), how fun it is to know all the planets names, whether Saturn is the only planet with rings, etc. All while we adults are still stifling giggles. The conversation apparently over, Nora skips out of the kitchen singing, "I'm Uranus, I'm your fire....." And then we laughed until we had tears in our eyes.
The End.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment