Here's a picture of our living room, with our log furniture present! Note the amazing trim done by this incredibly handsome carpenter I know. And the custom-made concrete hearth by someone with 1/2 my genes. And the authentic snowshoes shared by someone with 1/4 of my genes (my grandpa, in case that one was too tricky). Also note the mantle decor. I'm beginning to get attached to all those miscellaneous tools. I'll not know what to do when in their place is a white pine mantle, cut by that same handsome carpenter from his parent's field, riddled with nail holes that he and his brother pounded in as kids. Sniff. It's all quite sentimental. Does anyone need a tissue?
Oh, I forgot to mention that the rocking chair was rescued from a dumpster. Kind of ruins the sentiment I had going, but it's a fun fact.

5 comments:
Ooh, ooh! I love it!!! WOW what a difference those finishing details make. That's some carpenter you know. ;) I'm excited to see it in person sometime again. We're hoping to be up in Grand Rapids in July(?) and will let you know when so we can hopefully get together. (We're most excited to meet your new little one!)
BTW, I like the mantle decor. We decorate with a similar style somedays, though ours ranges more on the "scissors, pin cushions and tape measures" side of things. ;)
So, I should also share my slowness in getting your riddles so you can laugh with me. I automatically assumed that the one who shares 1/2 your genes is Lily, and I'm sitting here trying to figure out how she made a concrete mantle! "Hmm, maybe she put her hand prints in it?" Um, yes, I even know that your Dad does concrete work. Guess my brain is working a little slow today...or I think Lily's growing up faster than she really is!
How about the railing for the loft? When did that get finished?
Will we get to see pictures of you and your beautiful round belly before it's too late?
Katie
Your living room looks great. What a fun mother's day gift :) I'm excited to help you out with your chair when you get some fabric. Its been so fun to see your house come together. It is so beautiful.
So why didn't Shandy just do the trim himself? That's odd you had someone else do it. But it does look great.
Post a Comment