Bkgrnd

Monday, May 19, 2008

If a tree falls in the woods...



...and the wind is howling so loud that no one hears it when it completely smashes your car with limited insurance, did it make a sound? Maybe.


So that's pretty much the story from last Saturday. The good news is: 1) school is basically done for the year, so getting by with one gas-wise vehicle will be much easier 2) the price of scrap metal is very good these days, so what we'll get for scrapping the car could easily buy a bike for Shandy to take to work this summer and 3) you just never know what home-owners insurance might do and 4) no one was occupying the car at the time of this incident. We really do have lots to be thankful for! And bonus, life is always exciting!




4 comments:

e&e said...

Oh my goodness! This makes me feel a tad better about living in the city, but just a tad.

Never a dull moment! (Which is too bad, because I'm learning to really enjoy those as I get older).
elisa

Anonymous said...

Oooooooh. You sure got some great photos of it. I realized I'm still holding my breath and my face in a grimace as I type! SO glad no one was in it. That's the hazard of living around trees -- city, country, wherever you are, if there are trees, they may fall. We have enough big ones in our yard that I wonder about those things myself sometimes when the wind is blowing!

Those photos will make for a great story in a few years. (Hey -- they already do right now!)

Andrea

Mike and Katie said...

Eeek! Did you see it fall or hear it? I watched a big oak tree fall just feet from my van that I had parked next to another big oak tree. I thought I was in big trouble. Hopefully home owners will help.

Katie

P.S. We're all still waiting on round belly photos!

Craig said...

Wow! That must have been exciting to find and by exciting I mean really shocking, not knowing if you should laugh or be mad all while being bummed that you just lost a car. Maybe that is a sign you are suppose to move closer to me... Just a thought. You have some time to think about it.