skip to main |
skip to sidebar
He's Got the Whole World...
Have I mentioned that my girl is a climber? Here's just a little more evidence. Not until she's dangling by her pinky finger will she call out for help. Crazy girl. My kids are precious to me, and that's why my heart hurts for the family in our community (who are acquaintances of ours) who lost their 2 year old daughter in a tragic accident last week. Life is so fragile, as we so often forget. My prayer is that this family will cling to the God who made their baby daughter and numbered her days. I'm thankful that my God is never, ever surprised by anything. He is the one who holds us all in his righteous right hand. It's sometimes difficult to think about the fact that I really have no control over my children's lives. And at the same time, at moments when I think I'll die of a heart attack because my eldest has yet again scared the poop out of me with her constant antics, I'm so very thankful that they are His...not mine. Lord knows I can't protect them every minute. And I'm sure, in Lily's mind, life would be a whole lot of b-o-r-i-n-g if I could. Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
3 comments:
I love reading the take you have begun putting on each scenerio and a verse. Great idea to help us all keep focused even while reading each other's blogs:o)
How did she even get up there? And did you cut her hair? It looks adorable.
The poop out of you? Hmm...what do you use to get that out of your clothes? Hahaha! Been there and afraid I'll be going back...The other day I caught Mari trying to walk along her headboard balance-beam style. Praise the LORD she is His! His hand is much more sure than mine anyway.
Praying for that family as well,
elisa
I am right with you too. It is so hard to trust sometimes. But it is a lot less worrisome when we know we don't control things like we think we do. I will be praying for your kids as I pray for mine. We love you all
Post a Comment