Bkgrnd

Friday, September 12, 2008

TIMWIF - An Introduction

TIMWIF. Or, Things I'll Miss When I'm Fifty.

Let me back up. Sometimes things drive me crazy. Or I find them slightly annoying. Or they're in my way. Or they make me late. Okay, mostly I just make me late. But you know what I mean.
Not too long ago, I was being driven crazy/annoyed/bothered by/being made late by something in my home. Caused by my child(ren). At that moment, I thought, "You know, I'll probably miss this very thing when I'm fifty." And so for the past few days I've been seeing things through a new lens. Well, it's the regular old lens that came with my camera, but you get my drift. I decided to document those things that I might - just might - miss when I'm fifty.

Why fifty? Why not sixty or seventy or 37? Because I figure that when I'm fifty, my kids will have all left the nest and I will probably not have grandchildren. (Sniff, sniff...not that that will ever actually happen, mind you)

So, without further ado, the first ever installment of TIMWIF:





Maybe you, too, will miss this when you're fifty. Don't you just love kids who love toilet paper?

2 comments:

Mike and Katie said...

Toilet paper rolls are so magical! Who does like to keep rolling them and unwinding the magic!

Cheers!

Katie

us said...

This is awesome!!! Why can't we live closer--I miss you! And all your new views on life---remind me some day when I experience some of these things:o)