Bkgrnd

Saturday, November 8, 2008

10/31, 11/1 (my birthday, remember?), 11/2


Shandy and I have never really gotten into the whole Halloween thing as parents. But if you know me at all, I'm fully supportive of my kid getting candy that we need to put up high in the cupboard so as to make sure she doesn't eat it all at once. (Good thing I can reach up high in the cupboard.) Anyway, this year our friends decided to have a costume party at their house, and a church in town did a "Trunk or Treat" that was really fun! Lily dressed up as a butterfly. She thought the whole thing was pretty fun. And she might even get to eat some of her candy...if there's any left :).

Thank you for all your birthday wishes! And thanks, Andrea, for reminding me that I CAN love getting older every year, for each year is one that my God has graciously given me, full of countless blessings and lessons. I had a great day that began with a gift of *extra sleep* from my husband. Then I got to enjoy his famous (at our house) banana-rama pancakes (stay tuned for the recipe). Then - this is the best part - I got to go to Target all by myself. I dawdled all around the store and browsed through clearance like I had nothing else in the world to do. It was my idea of a good time. In the afternoon I got to hang out with my fantastic family. And the day ended with a trip to my other favorite place - Dairy Queen. Lily was a little disappointed that Lightening McQueen wasn't there. Somehow the two became one in her mind. But all was forgotten after she got some ice cream in her tummy :).



The next day, Sunday, we went to the hunting shack with daddy so he could finish up his deer stand. Mason liked the walk in the woods in the backpack (which happens to be a hand-me-down from my cousin, who I "nannied" when I was 15, who happens to be 12 years old now! That's one old - but comfy - backpack!). It looks to me like Mason has inherited Daddy's handsome blue eyes as well!
PS: He is now wearing mostly 12 month clothing. He is seriously a beefcake.

3 comments:

andrea said...

what a cute butterfly. (Lillian has those same shoes, by the way.) and I LOVE your Lily quotes on the side. and I never even told you that I LOVE your house! Talk about living in God's awesome nature! and...did you know that Mason and Brielle are exactly a month apart? I think our kids would be friends. we should live closer. :)

e&e said...

What fun days...especially the sugar and Target. You really are still just a kid, I think. :)

So..."Trunk or Treat". Explain please?
elisa

Mike and Katie said...

Just Eric still has your last name linking to this blog.

Katie