Bkgrnd

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Don't you LOVE the Dentist?


Maybe you would if your dentist was one of your buddy's grandpa. And if they only counted your teeth, instead of scraping and scouring for cavities. Maybe then I'd love the dentist.


Lily's first trip to the dentist is in the books. She was totally cool with the hygenist poking around and counting, showing her the water squirter, and demonstrating the unique skills of "Mr. Slurpy". But she wanted nothing to do with the whirring toothbrush and the red toothpaste. Instead, she talked the hygenist into reading her some stories until Bekah's grandpa came in.

After all was said and done, Lily left with 20 teeth, her confidence in the dentist intact, a brand new toothbrush, a flosser, and a fantastic bouncy ball from the treasure chest. Don't you miss the dentist's treasure chest?

3 comments:

Team Tuttle said...

I long for the days when going to the Dentist was a good time and I got a treasure! Now, all I end up with is a large bill in the mail - where are my stickers and bouncy balls for being a good sport!? I don't even cry anymore! :)

Faith Family said...

Was that Roxie? She is so good with the kids!

A day in the Life... said...

Cute :) It looks like she had a great time !