
She "gets" Lily, spunk and all. She's patient with her, cringes at her candidness, and laughs out loud when she sees bits of her daddy in her. Lily voluntarily hugs very few people, but Great-Grandma is probably at the top of the list.
Each winter, Grandma goes to Arizona to visit family for a couple months. Lily was rather alarmed when she heard that grandma would be traveling so far away, and made her promise to write her back when Lily wrote to her. They exchanged a couple letters/drawings while she was away, but my favorite moment came when Grandma's first letter came in the mail. I brought the mail into the car from the mailbox, and Lily, spotting a green floral envelope said,"That's for me. It's from Great-Grandma in Arizona." I promptly handed it back to her and asked if she'd like me to read it to her. "No," she replied, "I can read it." And for the next several minutes, she just cradled it in her hands and stared at it, looking like she'd received great treasure. Later, I asked her how she knew the letter was from grandma. "Because she loves me so much and she sent me a letter from Arizona." Of course.

Grandma loves to hold little babies. The bigger they get, the more they wiggle. And, well, the bigger they get. Mason sat contentedly on her lap to read his animal book, but then he heard an "er-plane" and had to look out the window. She let him :).

She enjoys sitting and holding Mason. And he'll sit for quite a bit longer than his sister would. It's funny, Grandma's not exactly a gushy, overly-nurturing, emotional sort. But it's obvious that she loves children. I get her. She's my girl.
And her faith is simple. Straight-talking. Experienced. She prays for us. And I'm so thankful. We are blessed to have her in our lives.*Lily was too busy on this day to be taking pictures....hopefully another day!

1 comment:
Too precious!!!
Post a Comment