Bkgrnd

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Lily's World II

Yesterday I heard singing. It was the la-ti-da, tra-la-la kind of singing, and it was wafting in through an open window. I glanced outside to see this:


I knew then that I had to grab my paparazzi-style lens and capture another chapter of Lily's world.


I don't know if I had the imagination she does when I was 4. And to be honest, I'm not the best at pretending along. But I love-love-love to watch/spy/listen to her imagine.

On this day, she was preparing for a party. A wedding/party/graduation to be exact. And she's a princess (don't call her the bride - I tried that).


The princess is sporting a really cute dress that I have, uh, outgrown, a play veil, a fun headband that I got for 98 cents the other day, and honors cords from college graduation that my mom so lovingly gifted me with last week.



She's also got her daughters: a white kitty gifted from a recent flower-girl appearance and a porcelain doll, which made it's way to our house in the same load as the honors cords.


Oh, and did you notice all the stuff she hauled out there? Potato head and parts in a green chinese-style purse. A must for any princess throwing a wedding/party/graduation.


Pink crocs (for dancing in) and little brothers hat in a used flower-girl basket. Oh, and there was also a box of clothing with two hangers, and many miscellaneous items. I'll spare you the details :).
All in all, it was a lovely party. I was invited, you know. It got kind of hot in the sun for me, so I had to move to the "deck" - the shady side of the tree. We had a nice visit and I had to be reminded to stay in character (I think I was the friend or neighbor or something). But the princess was patient with me. So that was good :).


You're a funny girl, Lil. I love you so much!

2 comments:

Faith Family said...

Good grief she's adorable! LOVE that imagination of hers!!!

megan said...

These pics are beyond precious!! :)