We love Kate, of course, but we were also looking forward to one last weekend away before school starts and another babe joins the family.
You should know that I made a mistake in planning this little overnighter. I was sort of pre-occupied with finding a nice hotel that also had a continental breakfast. You know, because sometimes the nicer ones don't do that. Anyway, in my zeal for free food, I forgot to make sure there was a pool. Yeah, there wasn't. And, like a cheap-o I opted for the non-refundable rate (it was like, soooo much cheaper). Anyway, we had no idea what we would do with our day following the birthday party. BUT, on the drive down, we saw several signs for apples, apple picking, etc. So I looked into an orchard near our hotel....and it turned out to be SO much fun!
We started out on a hayride. It took us through the u-pick field and then on to...
...the petting zoo/hay pile/play area. We spent a good deal of time there. Mason enjoyed checking out the goats. He did want to make sure that the fake cow wasn't going to "get him", though.
This is probably my favorite picture from the day. This is my girl.


We also tried out the corn maze. We didn't make it very far, though. Some unnamed 4 1/2 year old kept plowing through the corn (not the paths that make a maze) and getting lost. She also really wanted to sample the corn. Here, she's taking in a lesson from dad about the difference between people corn and cow corn. She did have to taste it to make sure it was really for cows.

Back to the play area and the corn crib play house!


Then we took the haywagon back to the barn for a-w-e-s-o-m-e apple cider and doughnuts.


Have I mentioned that I love this man? I also love this picture of this man. I've been married to him for 7 years now. I would like to be married to him for 70 more. That's all.

At the barn, we bought a bag to fill with apples at the u-pick orchard. Sweet 16s. They are, again, awesome.

Both kids wanted to pick some from the top.








3 comments:
Wow that looks like a lot of fun! Your pregnant belly is adorable too :)
Oh wow! I LOVE the pic of Lily jumping!!!
That is such a sweet picture of your family! I love the way Mason fits just under your belly. You look great!
Post a Comment