We survived our very first family camping trip. And it was fun. And I'd totally do it again!

Shandy grew up camping with his family. Now he's a wilderness adventure-ish camper. As in, the less civilization, the better.

I grew up with a farmer for a dad. Farmers do not understand camping. Why on earth would you sleep outside when the good Lord has provided you a comfortable bed?
So I have requested that we start out small. For me.
The reservations my mom made a year ago for a bunch of us in the family helped with that starting small thing. And the fact that I only had to cook and clean up one meal helped a whole lot :). The fact that Nora was never, ever wanting for free arms to hold and play with her was an extra bonus!

Shandy and I had both been to this park before as kids. It was fun to go back as parents. There's so much to do -- and we did most of it!

Shandy and I had both been to this park before as kids. It was fun to go back as parents. There's so much to do -- and we did most of it!
We were so excited to see the sun on Saturday, as some beach time was much needed.




Mason got some sandcastle lessons from his uncles. Please note, one of them does not own a pair of swim trunks and the other swam in jeans. The apple does not fall far from the tree, my friends.

One of my brother's self portrait using sand as his medium. If you see a guy that looks like this, it might just be my brother. :)




Mason got some sandcastle lessons from his uncles. Please note, one of them does not own a pair of swim trunks and the other swam in jeans. The apple does not fall far from the tree, my friends.
One of my brother's self portrait using sand as his medium. If you see a guy that looks like this, it might just be my brother. :)







3 comments:
GREAT pictures!! Yay for camping! :)
Love the pics and the comments! It is even more fun to go camping with the family as grandparents...in a cabin instead of a tent...we loved it! I must admit to a few more gray hairs because this grandma is a bit of a nervous ninny....go figure...fast little grandchildren, on bikes, down BIG hills, with no bike helmets....and a most daring grandchild going for an unnoticed ride on the back of the suburban..as it was backing up....Lord, keep those grandbabies safe as they grow!!! Thank you!
....don't get me wrong, I am ready to go camping again next year!! This momma trusted the Lord to keep her four babies safe growing up on the farm. The same Lord will keep the grandbabies safe too! We love watching the antics of the grandkids....we are truly blessed with a great family!
Post a Comment