
This photo sits in my kitchen window, just above the sink. I glance at it from time to time. I love it. Last night I discovered that it is forever glued to the glass in the frame in which it resides. See the darker gray blobs? Those are the stuck-points. It is never coming out in one piece. So I decided to scan it. I may have saved the film for a couple years, but film? Really? Who keeps that?
When Shandy's grandpa died in his 90's, they found a photo of him and his one true love from their dating days (before they had 12 children!) in his wallet. That's kind of how I feel about this photo. We were engaged, actually. I was finally realizing a dream I'd had since I was 9 years old...I was going to marry this boy! And he loved me. He really, really loved me. It was all so fresh and exciting and fun. I got butterflies and goosebumps a lot.
And you know what? It's still that way. Only deeper. Much, much deeper. 8+ years, 3 kids, a mortgage, and all that grown-up stuff later. My best friend still loves me. He really, really loves me. What more could a girl ask for?

1 comment:
Oh, Cody, this is so truly beautiful. Happy tears in my eyes. I loved watching the drama unfold all through the years (someday we'll have to chat about those days...)
Your marriage is truly a God-given gift!
elisa
Post a Comment