Bkgrnd

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Six Years


Happy birthday, Lily-girl! Six years ago we were blessed to welcome you, our first-born, into our family.

You're a spunky sort. I think I say it every year, but you have a big personality :). But this year, you've grown up a lot. You're still a little girl, but you can carry on very grown-up conversations. I love to talk with you. The best time to talk to y
ou about your day is when you want your back scratched before bed. That's when I get to hear the most about your day and learn more about what goes on inside that head of yours. I'm glad you like to get your back scratched :).

You love to get your fingernails painted -- and just tonight, you did it yourself. Watching you switch to using your left hand was hilarious; we both laughed about how much messier it was! You still love to wear crazy outfits. Today you decided to dress as a blueberry for school. Blue comfy pants, blue snowflake s
hirt, blue tights, blue underwear, and a blue bird barrette in your hair. You plan to dress as a raspberry tomorrow. Love that.

You are an incredible help to me. You love to take care of Nora, and I really appreciate it. You would probably take care of Mason too if he would let you :). One of the biggest compliments I can give you is to give you a responsibility that seems grown up.


You offer us many challenges, too. And that's okay. We love you more than words, and pray every day for wisdom and patience. We are
very not perfect parents...but we hope that it helps us to remember that none of us is perfect in this family or in this world. And then we can offer grace to each other, and we can accept grace from God because of Jesus. We love you, sweet girl. You're perfect for our family and for us. We're so very thankful that God brought you to us six years ago!

Mommy

PS: Your rock star party was awesome. Can I have your autograph?

No comments: