Bkgrnd

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Grade

Summer has come and gone and I have scarcely written about it!  I will.  I promise.  There are camping trips and camel rides to record, and I will do it.  I will. 

But for now, the most current news: We've got ourselves a first grader! 

Today, Lily did her own hair :).  She chose her own clothes (her white capris match mine, so that's why she chose them...I wonder if that will be the same every year? Ha!).  She went to school this morning with one more tooth than she came home with.  And she was busy as a bee sorting her school supplies when I left.

We prayed on the way to school.  And we talked again about what being "blessed by His presence" and "walking in His light" mean. 

Lily's teacher, a sweet friend of ours, is at home enjoying her new baby girl.  Lily is so very excited to learn from her when she returns in 7 weeks, but for now she reports that Mrs. S, the long-term sub is "so, so, so, so, so, SO nice!"  That's good news.

And, though Lily reported that she didn't even have to visit the new principal today, she actually did.  But that was because I failed to report to anyone exactly how Lily would be getting home and nobody really knew what else to do with her.  Mother-of-the-year.  Right here, folks. 

Love you, my growing-up-so-very-quickly, beautiful inside and out, first grade girlie!  xoxoxo!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

I love her hair, no she will NOT ever want to match you when she hits puberty and your child got to school with her backpack. PLUS you took her picture. My son went to school while his mother was already at work, no picture and left his backpack safely packed at home in his room. You pretty much rock as mom if you ask me.