Bkgrnd

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Birthday Boy

Happy 7th birthday, Mason J!

You have really grown up this year...I think it had something to do with starting kindergarten.  You are still the same adventure-loving, thoughtful (and I mean full.of.thoughts!), funny boy you have always been.  You genuinely care about people.  You have an engineering brain and are always thinking up interesting ideas.  You are creative and love a challenge.  You have an amazing math brain.  You can read (even though we told you that it wasn't allowed since we fear you will never go to bed with a book and a flashlight at your disposal!).  You love a good story, currently the Lion, the Witch, & the Wardrobe series by CS Lewis.  You are a theological thinker and like to talk about who God is. 


Yesterday you told me that God made you special.  And I'd have to agree!  God created you for a very special and specific purpose, and I can't wait to see that purpose unfold in your life, buddy.  I'm blessed to be your mama :).

You got a set of walkie-talkies for your birthday.  And I can't help but record this conversation between you and Lily:

L: "Mason, do you copy?"
M: "Yes.  I copy."
L: "Good."
M: "Why is that good?"
L: "Because I have to keep asking you that randomly to make sure you copy."
M: "Roger that."

Hahaha!  What a great end to a really fun day spent with you and your siblings.

We love you more than you can imagine!

No comments: