Bkgrnd

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Mason J, You Are 8!

Happy birthday, Mason J!  You are growing just as quickly as your crazy hair & have definitely changed since your 7th birthday :).  I'm thankful for you every day.  Here are some things about you I'd like to remember:

*You are such a boy.  You don't want to cut your hair.  Your fingernails are always dirty.  You love gross creatures...they slimier and the the bigger reactions to you get, the better!  You sometimes smell badly...and you are happy about that.  Such a boy!

 *You are still a thinker.  Always and always.  New ideas & thoughts come out of you like a steady stream.  At any given moment you are considering how you'd spend a million dollars or how to beat up a bad guy or how many harpoons it would take to kill a whale or how to trap a rabbit or how you could outsmart your sister or.....

*You are a boy of many interests.  You love hunting, fishing, and trapping.  You have taken a real interest in sports this year, too, and are calculating the likelihood of making it pro in several different leagues.  You love to be read to, and fantasy books are your favorite.  Or real-life adventure or survival.  You don't like it when dad and I take turns reading to you, though, because we make different voices for the characters :).

*You wanted a lumberjack birthday cake this year and to have a party with friends at grandpa Jody's farm.  You and the guys caught frogs, went on a gator ride, climbed in the haymow, and did a lot of running/jumping/wrestling/etc.  It was a fun afternoon :).

I'm so thankful I get to be your mom, buddy.  You are my very favorite 8-year-old.  God is so good to us.

Love, Mom

No comments: