Bkgrnd

Saturday, February 17, 2018

12!

Lily-girl,

Happy birthday, sweet pea!  You're 12!  I'm so excited to share your day with you and spend a little time thinking about how thankful I am that God put you in our family more than a decade ago.  You have so many gifts and abilities and as you grow, it is so much fun to see those things develop and begin to shine in you.  As you've started 6th grade, I've been amazed at how well you have kept up with your school work and all the new responsibilities that entails.  You are officially old enough to have a GPA (what?!) and it was exciting to see how your hard work paid off!
Just a couple weeks ago you decided to join the competetive swim team with Micah and it's been exciting to see you enjoy something you are naturally good at.  Speaking of Micah, you two are best friends.  You have forged a deeper friendship this year at school and I am thankful that you have each other.  Middle school can be rough, and it's pretty fantastic to have someone in your corner.  You both take care of each other.
You are brave in many things.  One of those was your challenging of a boy in your class to a swim race (he's been in competetive swimming for more than 5 years).  He won, but barely ;).  Another was deciding to come up with your own invention and present your 'pitch' at your class Shark Tank.  You were so into it, put in 100%, and did a great job.  You are very good at public speaking!
I'm looking forward to hanging out with you at the trampoline park and Bentleyville tonight.  Thanks for letting us share your special day with you.

We love you so much, bug, and pray God's blessings throughout this year!!

Love,

Mom xoxoxo






No comments: