Bkgrnd

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Seven!

It's amazing to think that you are SEVEN, Nora Grace!  This year we celebrated family-style with a day trip to Duluth.  At the end of the day, we all agreed that this was the most fun family birthday we've celebrated yet!  We had planned to go to the apple orchard, but as your birthday dawned cold and rainy, you decided we should try the aquarium instead.  It turned out to be a great choice since Duluth was not rainy and significantly warmer.  We enjoyed the sturgeons, a walk through Canal Park, a 6-seater bike ride along the lakewalk, watching a huge ship come into port, and dinner at Grandma's.  So much fun!

Speaking of fun, you are a joy to have in our family.  You have kept your caring heart for anyone who needs a little extra love and encouragement.  With your growing writing skills, I am constantly finding little notes, lists, stories, and cards around the house in your handwriting.  I love getting notes from you and seeing the ones you create for others.  You are funny and I appreciate your little-ness so much - I think because you have older siblings.  You are a classy dresser and I have asked your opinion on what I'm wearing more than once!  You've got your own sense of style and I love it!
You LOVE to bake and play house/mom.  At school recently you had to write a book about your big plans for the future.  It was all about how you want to be a "stay-home mom" and have babies and maybe have a daycare.  It was beautiful and I hope that if that's the desire God keeps in your heart, he will see it to it's fullness.  Honestly, I can't imagine that you'll have any less than six kids, but who knows?  :)

We love you so, Norsie.

Love,
Momma xoxoxo


PS: You also have more nick-names than anyone else: Nor, Nors, Norsie, Nu, Nu-nu, Nornie, Norna.  So many options.





No comments: