Bkgrnd

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Potty Training II

So, despite a very creative and determined effort, I was unable to get "the team" on board with tossing diapers to the wind...SAD! I knew it was out of my hands for now when, just hours after the wonder-working candy bribe I mentioned before and three wet floors in one hour, my beautiful daughter shrugged and said, "No candy for me!" I feel that, at least for the moment, I need to place going to the bathroom on the big-girl potty in the category of things you just can't make a kid (infant, toddler, etc) do- along with sleeping and eating. So...look out for potty training III because I'm sure I'll have more to say on the subject before too long! And, just for the record mom, they're "undies"!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

still a step in the right direction! After Owen's failed first attempt, there was lots of thinking going on in that little head that I think made him all the more ready to take the plunge a few months later. We're currently at 8 days, with just about 1 accident every 30 hours or so (usually at night or nap.)

BTW, the living room is BEAUTIFUL!

Mike and Katie said...

Don't be discouraged. This is a step on the path. Somewhere after two, I let Tyler run around diaper-free in the kitchen for a bit every two weeks or so. I had him help wipe up the spills, too. One day he said, "Mom, I need a diaper so I don't pee all over!" I told him to go on the potty and he was pretty much trained after that. We're ec'ing with Amanda, so we'll see how that works out.