Bkgrnd

Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Big Adjustment

Truth be told, this whole sharing-the-universe-that-is-our-home thing has not been all peaches and cream for Lil. The big sister role? Awesome. Natural. Superb. Sharing Mom and Dad's time and attention (and especially Mom's)? Not easy. We've pretty much seen it all. Potty training regression? Check. Out of this world tantrums? Check. Resistance? Check. But we're all getting through it. We're "bearing one another's burdens", so to speak. And we're growing...ALL of us! So allow this picture to demonstrate that, though being a big sister is a lot of fun, sometimes we'd all just rather be the baby...


4 comments:

e&e said...

That is AWESOME! I just love that look on her face too. Oh, Lily, you crack me up all the time.

Should I be worried that Lella does this sort of thing already and the baby's not even born yet?
elisa

e&e said...

Is that Lily's car seat in the background? It looks just like Joshy's.
ele

Anonymous said...

I love your blog---I just started laughing at this.
I know your a great mom and they are so blessed that you see it as "bearing each other's burdens". That was awesome!

Monique

Anonymous said...

Lily and Mason are blessed to have you as a mommy. Keep on loving and learning with them. We've been there too...with many outfit changes per day due to potty "accidents" I just love Lily she is so fun and such a personality :) I already miss the 2 and new stage with Lexi and Micah. We love you guys. -Leah